Kai's Keto Zuppa Toscana
Keto easy to make soup. Keto does not have to be hard, and good stuff can be easy to make. The low carb meal that's not mundane. Enjoy something low carb for lunch or dinner. Keto Zuppa Toscana, easy to make and delicious!
Man, my dad is always complaining about dinner. he gets bored easily and it seems like options are limited on keto. He is the resident cook of the house and he spoils us rotten. It's nice having a dad that can cook and he is like a short-order chef making all kinds of things for us. He is always looking for something to make that works with his low carb lifestyle. So I thought I'd share a recipe he makes that he really enjoys!
A challenge every day is finding something to eat for lunch or dinner. It can be mundane trying to come with something to eat, or just coming up with the desire to eat because of food burn out. This soup is a fun keto soup that is surprisingly easy to make and deliciously low carb. It has a healthy super green vegetable and it has enough in it to make you satiated. It can be made easily on the stovetop, the crockpot, or an instant pot. Try this soup out and make it a part of your keto rotation
Stuff you will need (aka ingredients):
- 2 lbs. ground Italian sausage (beef, chicken, turkey, pork, etc.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- tbsp oregano
- 32 ounces of chicken stock or bone broth
- two cups of cauliflower
- 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 to 3 cups chopped kale
- real bacon bits (it's even better if you cook your own) romano cheese, Italian or Parmesan cheese
Brown your meat in a skillet on the stove over medium heat and drain
place the meat in the instant pot with the seasoning garlic etc
- add the stock or bone broth and the cauliflower cook on the soup setting to your desired liking it won't take long about 10 mins
- Be careful about opening your cooker
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream and the chopped kale
- Do not cook it again let it simmer for about 5 minutes until the kale is tender
- Pour some in your favorite bowl and garnish with the cheese and the bacon bits enjoy
** Please consider the type of instant pot or slow cooker you are using, and the results may vary based on your device, this recipe can also be made on the stovetop.